The Kansas City Northland is an outstanding location in terms of career opportunities now and – because of growth and growth potential – well into the foreseeable future.
Below are some resources that we have collected in order to aid in your understanding of this environment and trends that are apt to impact it. Check back often as we’ll be adding and updating frequently.
- Northland Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) immerses high school students in professional environments through engaging curriculum that is driven by passionate industry leaders and delivered by visionary instructors.
- Northland Business and Education Alliance (NEBA) is an education and business partnership advancing world-class education and a quality workforce in the Greater Kansas City Northland community.
- Closing the Labor Supply and Demand Gap is an informative document (PDF) on the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center (MERIC) website. MERIC is an outstanding source for a wide range of economic and job related information.
- Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) offers a wealth of data and information on everything from the regional economy to bike trails.
- YouthSpark is an online resource provided by Microsoft and others that focuses on the still-growing arena of computer sciences and other science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Here’s an outstanding video recently published on KCUR’s digital magazine, www.flatlandkc.org:
Here’s another outstanding video on the LMV Training Center that also illustrates some of the advanced career opportunities available in the Northland and how to access them.